Organizations that innovate to meet changing customer lifestyles will be successful. Susan discusses relevant demographic and lifestyle trends and their impact.
- The nuclear family is being replaced. Only 24% of households are two parents with kids. Single parents, singles, same sex couples are valuable target markets. Don’t ignore dogs as treasured family members!
- “Child-free” working couples with no tuition bills and geographical freedom abound.
- Both partners work in 80% of couples.
- There are 3 million commuting marriages in the USA. Many rent a “home” in the second city with couples coming together on weekends.
- The use of technology has skyrocketed, ideas are being exchanged through blogs, IMs, text messages and online communities. Coffee shops are being redefined as gathering places for business.
- There’s a new “office.” More than one in five workers telecommute. Two million home-based businesses are launched each year. 35 million people home offices.
- Corporations are outsourcing more functions to contract workers and independents who work remotely.
- The importance of leisure time and self fulfillment in daily life is growing but changing. Play time is being grabbed in snippets with yoga classes and spa experiences. Vacation often focuses on adventure trips and cultural destinations.
- The number and types of “homes” in which people live are expanding. People are buying second homes, time shares, fractional ownership, RV’s, and boats in which to live.
A fusion of how people “live, work and play” is occurring. The lines between work, home life and leisure are becoming blurrier. We no longer compartmentalize our lives into weekend vs. weekday, business day vs. home time. We text while we do the laundry while we are on the phone with our aging parents.
Susan focuses on the impact these and other societal forces will have on your business. As a result of this session, you will know ways to:
- Better understand your customers and identify new ones.
- Reach customers with a compelling message.
- Improve the quantity and quality of your customer base.
- Increase the revenues of your business.
Learn more about Susan’s style and approach.